Walks N Wags’ Pet First Aid & Emergency Care
A 10 hour interactive, hands-on pet first aid certification through Walks N Wags. This course teaches any pet owner or pet care professional the early signs of illness, prevention of injury, emergency response skills, choking, airway, CPR skills, wound care, splinting and much more!
General public including pet owners and pet care professionals.
Important topics covered in the pet first aid classes include:
- Immediate steps to take in an emergency
- What to include in your Pet First Aid kit
- How to safely approach an injured animal
- How to complete a Head to toe assessment
- How to restrain an injured animal
- How to transport an injured animal
- Recognition of signs of common illness and injury
- How to handle various bleeding wounds
- Bone injuries
- Ear injuries
- Eye injuries
- Choking skills
- Artificial Respiration
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Frostbite and hypothermia
- Heat stroke
- Administration of medications
- Strong emphasis on prevention of illness and injury
Certificate is valid for 3 years from course completion.
We do not currently have any upcoming sessions of this course scheduled.