BLS Blended TEST
BLS Blended Provider is the fundamental course for all healthcare and emergency medical providers, delivered in a flexible format. The course covers the same curriculum and teaches the same skills as the traditional instructor-led course but is delivered online through self-paced learning modules. Then followed by an in-classroom training to offer a comprehensive experience. The course covers single- and multi-rescuer basic life support skills, focusing on high-quality CPR and team dynamics in a wide variety of prehospital and in-facility settings.
The BLS Blended Provider course is designed for first-time BLS learners and those who do not use their BLS skills regularly. After successfully passing the online component (self-directed, but typically approx. 1 – 2 hours), students attend a 2-hour in-person skills practice and evaluation session. Students have access to the online learning environment for 1 year.
The Benefits of Blended Learning
- Convenient and flexible – learn most of the curriculum from anywhere, with less time spent in the classroom and less time away from work or home.
- Self-pacing – learn at your own pace. Start, stop and repeat any part of the program until you have mastered the core concepts.
- Achieve higher learning outcomes – come better prepared for in-person training having already mastered the theoretical concepts online.
- Adaptable – caters to a wide variety of different learning styles and ability levels.
- Ample practice – shifts the focus of in-classroom time from learning the content to getting answers questions, receiving coaching, working on team scenarios and honing your individual skills.
The full BLS Blended Provider course duration depends on the pace of the online component:
Part 1 Online: ~ 1 – 2 hours
Part 2 In-class: ~ 2 hours
Total: 3 – 4 hours
We do not currently have any upcoming sessions of this course scheduled.
BLS is a prerequisite for advanced resuscitation courses and many healthcare-related training programs. A current completion card is often required for employment in the healthcare field.