Basic Life Support Renewal Course (BLS Renewal)
BLS Provider Renewal course is a fast-paced course designed for experienced healthcare providers; covering single-rescuer and multi-rescuer basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics. The BLS Provider Renewal course assumes comprehensive awareness, knowledge and skill proficiency in Heart & Stroke BLS concepts. The course is best suited to healthcare providers who use BLS skills regularly and therefore require limited practice to be successful.
This course is designed for healthcare providers and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of both in-facility and pre-hospital settings or by those that require BLS certification and CPR training to enter into a healthcare-related training program.
The BLS Provider Course focuses on what rescuers need to know to perform high-quality CPR in a wide variety of settings. You will also learn how to respond to choking emergencies. Course contents and outcomes include:
- Importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Steps of the Chain of Survival and applying the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Importance of early defibrillation and use of an AED
- Use of a barrier device to provide effective ventilations
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performing as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) in adults, children and infants
Approximate course duration 2 hours
We do not currently have any upcoming sessions of this course scheduled.
The student will receive a link from Heart and Stroke with important information before the start of the course and will ask to complete a mandatory Pre-course Self-Assessment. Link will be sent after registration.
To purchase the book and other materials before the start of the course. The responsibility of obtaining the textbook is up to student, the participant, and is not included in the course.
Textbooks can be purchased after receiving the link from Heart and Stroke with valid HSF ID that states that the students have been registered
Please use this link https://resuscitation.heartandstroke.ca/ and click SHOP.